[Sussex] ENV probs

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Apr 24 16:43:00 UTC 2003

Dominic,

On Thursday 24 April 2003 4:06 pm, Dominic wrote:

<snip>
> _Relevent info_:
>
> I installed this JDK manually and did an emerge inject to tell gentoo it
> had been done.  Prob was I put it in a different place than Gentoo would
> have done by default (limited space where it would have chosen...)  I
> put a soft link to the install where it expects the package to be.
> Could this be the problem?

Sorry I don't think I saw this posted before, but anyhow....I shall point you
towards:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/java.xml

.. if you haven't already seen it.  This explains how to set up your machine
to use a JDK/JVM other than the blackdown one.

java-config is your friend here.

BTW. I'm home now so whenever you're ready to head Horshamwards just pop
round..

--
GJT
Free Software Foundation