[Sussex] Rediculous email sigs...

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Fri Apr 25 16:52:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Gareth Ablett wrote:

> The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
> the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
> Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality, accuracy
> and content of information contained in or with this message. In
> reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
> responsibility for its content and attachments.

Doesn't that then mean:

1) I have full copyright of all emails Gareth sends, as I've opened the
email and have to accept *all* responsibility?

2) Hypothetically speaking, Gareth sends me an email threatening to kill
a close friend of mine. Close friend gets killed. Police find email.
Police notice I have all responsibility for what was written in the email.
Police put two and two together and make 5. I do porridge for 20 years.

Hmmm...

Jon
Jon Fautley           >o)     .^.     (o<   jon at geekpeople.net
+44 (0) 1403 24 1337  //\     /V\     //\   http://www.geekpeople.net/
Mail for PGP Key     _\_V   /(   )\   V_/_  +44 (0) 7984 714410
                             ^^-^^
           kill -9 'em all, and let root sort them out