[Sussex] Cnet interview with Steve Ballmer

Alan Fitton alanjf88 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 12:26:02 UTC 2003

http://news.com.com/2008-1082-998297.html?tag=fd_top

An interesting read, i must say. This has to be my favorite quote from it
though:

"A Linux PC in most countries is a PC in which somebody is being encouraged
to pirate Windows. We conducted some surveys about this in one large Asian
country, where we found that, of all PCs that didn't have Windows installed
on them when they were sold, 99 percent wound up with Windows on them within
30 days."

bwhahah... sad, but true. Though the fact they conducted a survey on piracy
in an asian country (most likely china or hong kong) gives you an idea of
the 'conclusion' they wanted.

"Linux itself is a clone of an operating system that is 20-plus years old"

True, but there is little to none code that old, its been mostly replaced.
Just some of the concepts are that old, that doesnt mean they aren't good
ones though.

For no good reason I'm going to add this IRC quote from EFnet a few minutes
ago, its seemed funny at the time (me == AjF).

<Padfoot> i made my first vb program!
<AjF> Padfoot: dont cheer just yet, make something useful!
<Diane> AjF thats an oxymoron in vb