[Sussex] Re: Suse 8.1 disk error

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at krasnegar.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 21:36:01 UTC 2003

Paul

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 06:21:31PM +0000, Paul Bruce wrote:
> Thanks for the advice Steve, but it's a CD-ROM It doesn't have heads to crash
> does it?

Arrrrh - you spotted my deliberate mistake.  :-)

No CD-ROMS don't have heads to crash - is this happening with all CD-ROMs or
just one?  If it is just one then I would suggest that it is a scratch on
the media.  If all then maybe the head is out of alignment.  I guessing
again, but the message you're seeing (when I look at my 2.4.20 kernel
code) is from the IDE driver when a command comes back marked as
incomplete.