[Sussex] DataVision

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 13:12:02 UTC 2003

Paul:
-----
> Has anyone out there looked at DataVision?
> http://datavision.sourceforge.net
>
> It's an open source reporting tool similar to Crystal Reports
> that's written
> in Java.  (Geoff: it uses Ruby as it's scripting language)
>
> Just wondered if anyone has any comments on it.

I've heard about it from a lot of people in the Ruby community, but never
actually looked at it.   I get the impression that it isn't as polished as
something like Crystal, but its supposed to be very versatile.

With it being under the Apache license I would suggest that suck-it-and-see
was a good course of action!

I will say this, Ruby is _very_ easy to learn and very elegant.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having
 to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
               [Douglas Adams' take on religion]

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company