[Sussex] Wireless

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at krasnegar.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 21:13:01 UTC 2003

Dom

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:52:43PM +0100, Rheille wrote:
> It looks like I was using the wrong driver for the NIC.  It now appears that
> the driver is usbvnetr. http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/  I thought
> that because the prism2 driver loaded without error that this meant it was
> the right one.
>
> Now,with this new driver,  when I do 'dmesg | grep eth1' I get a couple of
> lines saying that it has started...
>
> Hopefully I am getting somewhere.  Now just to configure it :)

That the same driver I need for that WiFi card I had with me on Thursday.
I did get it to work under 2.4.x - but a friend has.  However that driver
as been re-written and is in the 2.6 kernel - but I'm finding it unstable.
The machine keeps crashing when it is in after a while (mostly after the
card is removed).  Using a LAN PCMCIA card the machine is as stable as
a rock.

BTW I will not be around next week.  I got posted to a customers site
to do some testing next week.  So I will not be around to pick up that
ADSL modem (or have my little chat with Nik).  It will have to be
the week after.