[Sussex] Tektronix 550 colour laser

David Chapman dokterdave at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 6 11:28:00 UTC 2003

Is anyone familiar with this printer. I have 1 that has been sitting under my
table for nearly a year not working because of some errors when starting up.
Got round to having a look at it  this week and have fixed and/or jury rigged
it to print.
I don't need to say it works fine in Windows 2K do I.
Anyway it has a network port (Phaser share) so it communicates via tcp/ip and
is a post script printer so it should work under Linux.
The printer has its own web server for admin tasks and had an ip address via
dhcp which I changed to a static one.
But the printer setup tool in SuSE 8.2 can not see it.
My HP laser5 is setup for printing over the network through a jet direct card
(192.168.0.253:9100) so I have half a clue as to what I am doing.
Does the Phaser share use the same port ie 9100