[Sussex] Windows bye-bye

sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 00:29:00 UTC 2003

Evening all,

I finally did the deed & banished Windows from my computer.

I'm now running Debian as my sole OS.... but therein lies a tale:

I received the CDs for Debian 3 a few weeks ago, but when I came to use
them, the first CD wouldn't work. CheepLinux sent a replacement & that
wouldn't work either, so I unearthed my CDs for 2.2r4 & had no problems.
This is what I am running now, until the CDs for Woody are sorted out.

However, after all my concerns about installing Debian, I must have learned
something from last time because it wasn't too bad & it certainly looks
good on my main machine, using icewm.

In order to simplify printing (& better reflect my needs) I managed to find
a S/H HP Laserjet 4000N for £50 & it works fine for now. I'll doubtless
have a few questions later about that.

I hope this e-mail looks OK - I'm trying the mail client in Opera 7.11,
which I installed about a minute before writing this.

Oh yes: I want to the latest version of Mozilla - preferably as a .deb
although I can't find one on the Mozilla site. If a .deb doesn't exist,
what does one do with a ".sea.gz" (I think), which is how Mozilla seems to
be offered on the site?

Enough from me,

Gavin.