[Sussex] OOo Scripting?

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Dec 4 09:22:24 UTC 2003

All,

I'm wondering whether the following is possible:

1. Data is selected from MySQL Database
2. Data is written to an XML file in the correct format for a .sxw
3. XML file is zipped into an sxw file
4. OOo converts the file to a .doc
5. The .doc is displayed on the screen (All users are running
windows/office XP)

The one I'm gonna have real issues with is step 4. I need to know if
it's possible to run OOo on a headless server (Linux flavour  as yet
unknown...), preferably without installing X, and have OOo convert the
.sxw to the .doc without actually displaying anything.

Thoughts please... :D

Matt
--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace                  |