[Sussex] CUPS driver now working!

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sun Dec 7 15:00:47 UTC 2003

:)

I'm now a happy man.  My CUPS driver for the Brother PT2420PC is now
printing something rational!

I had been banging my head against a brick wall since last week as the
printer was printing without complaint but was just outputting funky
moire-patterns.

Then it struck me 2 minutes ago that if you do this:

length = strlen(Buffer);

.. where Buffer is a (char *) and points to the data:

0xfc 0xdc 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
0x00 0x00

... then length is going to be 3 and not 16 as expected.  Now I know
that this is a school boy error, but it came from thinking I knew what
was wrong and spending days tinkering around with a completely different
part of the program instead of doing a proper methodical search :(

Now if I can just work out how to control "mirror" printing (which is
switched on right now) then we'll be nearly done.

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation