[Sussex] Go on - Vote Now

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 16 21:13:14 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 19:53, Mark Harrison wrote:
> I'm just interested to see how we compare... Two questions - which one, and
> how many have you read?
>
> - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Yeuughh.....  I am an avid hater of Harry Potter and all he stands for!

> - His Dark Materials

I've never read any, though I'm told there good.  When I was a kid (<=16
years of age) I would have lapped this up, my tastes have changed
somewhat now and so the closest to fantasy and sci-fi I get now is
Margret Attwood.

> - Pride and Prejudice

Read it.. found it tedious.

> - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I've read them all, loved them all.  I actually found the non-fiction
pieces in "The salmon of doubt" to be far the best writing I'd ever seen
from Douglas Adams though.  I also think "The Meaning of Liff" and "The
deeper meaning of Liff" are tragically overlooked comic works.

> - The Lord of the Rings

Read them all as a kid.  Again, I find the movies far more enjoyable
than anything produced by Rowling, or Lucas.. but that's about as far as
it goes.
--
Geoff Teale
tealeg at member.fsf.org
Free Software Foundation.

There is more to life than increasing its speed.
		-- Mahatma Gandhi