[Sussex] Kernel 2.6.0

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Dec 18 22:41:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 20:34, john wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2003 8:44 am, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> I have no understanding as to what difference this will/could make to me, as I
> don't seem to be able to find distro specific versions of either the 2.4.23
> or 2.6.0 for either mandrake or gentoo to upgrade to, let alone knowing how I
> would accomplish this,
<snip>

In gentoo you will find a large number of kernel's  available in
portage.  The kernel packages reside in /usr/portage/sys-kernel.

The dev sources fro the 2.6 kernel have been available for quite some
time (I've been running on development versions of this kernel for
several months now).

For the moment though, I'd stick with getting your system up and running
before you try upgrading to a new kernel version - you may find this is
a little more challenging than an upgrade between two version of 2.4

--
Geoff Teale
tealeg at member.fsf.org
Free Software Foundation.

"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."
-- Mark Twain