[Sussex] NOW: So, who are the all-time greats? WAS Hello all

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Wed Feb 12 15:06:01 UTC 2003

--On Tuesday, February 11, 2003 11:32 pm +0000 Geoff Teale
<tealeg at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> I'm slightyl older (26 on the 20th Feb this year) - just to back up the
> last post...

Great day for a birthday .... although I have significantly more miles on
the clock :-(

Way back in the 1980s I was lecturing on distributed systems a bit.  Most
of Microsoft's whizzo new ideas do nothing more than was discussed (or
possible) then.  In fact, its impact has been to slow down the development
of distributed computing architectures by frustrating or strangling
innovation by other players.  Lack of network bandwidth in the WAN is of
course also an issue ....

  Iain