[Sussex] 3 IP usage

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Mon Feb 17 18:22:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:21:21 -0000, Andrew Guard wrote:
> I don't get this, I know this is windows issue but do any of you have any
> idea why this is needed.  I will post the e-mail I got as an reply.
>

> its needed for IIS to function on multiple sites.
>
> Nick

As Geoff says, it's using one IP per site rather than using virtual
hosts. This is quite common with IIS based sites.

One way around it is to use apache as a proxy server and have that
forward requests to the IIS server. Keeps your IIS server directly off
the net which has to be a bonus.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford