[Sussex] And so I'm back...!

The ol' tealeg geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net
Fri Jan 3 13:01:01 UTC 2003

Afternoon one and all!

How's everything going?  I'm just busy catching up on the list.

Comments so far:

Angelo:
Hope everything works out OK with the eyes, last time I we
spoke you were leaving work quite distressed so it's nice to hear
things are going a little bit better.  I'll see you on Monday.  Did you
try using one of the high-contrast colour schemes ?

IRC Abbreviations:
Hmm.. well, I think people can express themselves anyway they wish to.
I certainly wouldn't want to see peoples language supressed.  I concur
that /me can be confusing to us UNIX types who've never really used
IRC..  .. the first time I saw it on this list I assumed these people
had some weird distro that set up a link at /me that could be used like
~ [tilde] as a shortcut to their home direcrory - but that's just
because I'm thick. :)

BTW.  For you old timers.. I spent a fair amount of time at MIT in the
last week, and I've got some nice photos from the museum (they won't let
you take photos of stuff they are activley working on *sniff*) including
a real, in the flesh, LISP machine!  I'll try and get these up on the
web at some point today and post a link for old, sad, buggers who will
actually be excited by a LISP machine.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
geoff at tealeg.uklinux.net