[Sussex] January Meet?

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sun Jan 5 21:08:00 UTC 2003

> > I'm sorry about that - please pass on my appolliges.
> >
> > Steve
>
> I think Nik felt that it was a good thing, this is certainly the
> impression he gave at the Christmas do.  One of the important things
> about being a man of knowledge is being able to take the wannabe's down
> a peg or two without actually trying to :)
Indeed, Mr Clayton is a educated guy but it was clear from your
questions that you also knew the topic well and this was what I do not
think he was expecting.

I often get the feeling that many User groups are considered as quirky
little get togethers of nerds and college dropouts who talk startrek and
dr who and who dont undersatnd or relate to the real world.

I think it would blow many businessmens minds and recruitment agents
bank loans to discover that the very people they are looking for are
meeting in places such as ours!

For me it was a kick in the teeth ( funny ) to see you ask questions
that put him on the spot. You did not intend offense and he was not
offended but I had a laugh.

Thats my 2p

Nik