[Sussex] LINUX on Mini-ITX / Via?

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 15:03:01 UTC 2003

Chaps,

I'm thinking of building a mini-ITX form-factor box (as the price point and
physical size means I can replace my PIII500 tower box with with somthing
the size of a house brick).

Questions:
1. Does anyone know of places that sell this kind of kit cheap?  The best
quote for what I need so far is £282.02.

2. Does anyone know what support there is for the motherboard devices
(Sound, Graphics, NIC) under Linux?

3. Do you know if you can disable the onboard AGP in favour of a PCI
graphics card (You can pick up a nice half-height GeForce PCI card that
would fit on a PCI riser inside a tiny case..)?

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company