[Sussex] Really Dumb dd question

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Thu Jan 9 19:55:01 UTC 2003

> > Personally I like Nik's approach.. .lets solve it in the
> > shell :) - this is the way of the UNIXophile.
Wow, thats like receiving a blessing from the Pope, or for those a less
catholic bent, a considered approval or benificary from the leading
earthly appointed representative of your personally defined moral
centre.

That said, im running the dd command now... with a obligatory mail
command of done to finish with.

Yes there will be down time should the first disk fail but my question
was not about raid or disaster recovery it was about ... will it really
work appropriately.

hehehe

Cheers Steve

youve made a geeky guy feel quite approved of this week and thats saying
alot!