[Sussex] Actus Offices

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 20 18:03:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 17:34, Nik Butler wrote:
> Well Actus have put me on suspension ( long story for another time Im
> sure ) and in the meanwhile George Hibberd who is also a subscriber and
> IT manager for GHW whose offices they are is concerned about allowing
> SLUG into the office whilst Actus is a issue.... sorry guys but this
> month the offices are off limit.

Thats a shame!

> So how about drinks and a meal at the Green Dragon , theres a good sized
> resturaunt at the back with meals upto 7.30 ( ill check ). The Black
> Jug is also a safe bet.

The Black Jug was our first ever meeting point, it would be nice to go
back there for this month - the food is good at the atmosphere
pleasant.  It does tend to make the meet less technical and more chatty
though - still that's 90% of what the meet seems to be about so..

> Ive also heard this week that Cybercoms offices are going to another
> tenant so we are not going to get in there any time soon.

Also a sad loss.

> Nil Desperandum though  as I am talking to the owner of the Kings Head
> on the town centre, I may be able to wangle a deal which gets us a Bar
> environment for the group with Instant wireless and power access as well
> as room capacity and food..... so fingers crossed.

Sounds good.  Assuming this is not sorted in time for this months meet,
I vote for a return to the Black Jug!

--
GJT
tealeg at member.fsf.org