[Sussex] no where to turn

Gareth ABLETT garethablett at phpw.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 23:46:01 UTC 2003

> > > the page to view the stats can be found at
> > > http://www.zoomer2k.co.uk/hours.php
> >
> > Ok, I see a charts. What does it mean?

What it is, is a list of hours in the day the bars just get higher for a hit
on a website in this cas the stats view itseldf is the page that its
gaterhing hits on.

> > Are you planning on using some colour for the bars?

hadnt planned to other then adding a other colour bar inside for unique
hits.

> > I've tried a few escaped variables in the get stream, but they seem to
> > pass through the script. There appears to be no checking to see if the
get
> > statements are numbers, and no checks for invalid numbers either. It
> > freaks out if you alter the settings to 30th February.
> >
> > Be wary of users tampering with the URL. I tend to hide these values
away
> > by using POST instead of GET as often as I can.

Useing GET is easier in coding the layout (otherwise i have to use tables
and
whats the point for a link). all the incomming variables are chect taht they
are
integers and in the correct format. if somtone wanted to look in a database
for content on the 30th of febuary they would get no data. but they woudnt
get an error. and the script wont crash with a bad date.
(its worth considering that the back and foward could corect bad dates
though)

> > Are you using GD for the graphs?

Nope all teh graphs are from a self coded function that does it with XHTML

Gareth Ablett