[Sussex] Grey Hairs and Procmails

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Fri Jan 24 09:16:01 UTC 2003

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 08:54  am, Nik Butler wrote:

>>> my procmail recipes worked just fine on mbox but im a little unstuck
>>> in
>>> the maildir format......
>>> /usr/local/bin/formail -s /usr/local/bin/procmail ~/Mail/procmailrc
>>> <~/Mail/$1
>>> where $1 was originally the mbox format mail folder.
> Sorry, I should recap, my inbound procmail which parses rules for
> audits
> and logs correctly files and moves mail to respective folders. this I
> know to be okay and im ahppy with that. What im left with is wanting to
> process mail in inbox at the end of the day ... reusing some other
> procmail rules !

Ahh.. okay.

I had a script somewhere that 're-procmailed' an mbox file, I'll see if
I can find it.

Not sure if procmail can do this with a maildir. You might want to look
at Mail::Audit (by Simon Couzens) which might be more flexible.

I'll be honest, these days I let a GUI app do this all for me (mail.app
in my case). Too much other shit going on to worry about filtering
rules :-)

Neil.