[Sussex] Idea's and suggestions ?????

dominic.clay at btopenworld.com dominic.clay at btopenworld.com
Thu Jan 30 08:02:01 UTC 2003

> The simplest option is the ethernet modem/router route. Fully platform
> independent and most of them have fairly good built in firewalling
> which removes the need for setting one up on the PC.

I would definately agree.  There is an added bonus of alowing you to 'play with other firewalls from the 'green' or DMZ areas and just turn 'em off if they're rubbish, and try another one. Most broadband routers can be easily configured from a browser interface, alowing you to learn a bit about firewalling with a nice simple interface.  Most have at least a 4 port hub alowing for a bit of expansion (or later purchase of a WiFi AP  :P  )

Just my 2p'th

Dominic