[Sussex] Canon PhotoBase MP730 Photo - Linux driver?

Ciaran Hamilton sussexlug at theblob.org
Thu Jul 10 10:52:00 UTC 2003

Hi,

Is there a driver for Linux for the Canon PhotoBase MP730 Photo
printer/scanner ? There doesn't seem to be one on the official site (
http://ww2.canon-europe.com/cgi-bin/CEDD/list-systems.cgi?catid=2&productid=319 ), and my parents have just bought one. I would hate to have to tell them that it wouldn't work. :/ Failing that, is there a generic driver that would work to print in colour from this printer?

If there's no way to scan with this from Linux, can the drivers for
Windows scan things successfully over a LAN, or do they need direct
access to the parallel port? My thought is it'll be the latter, but I
hope it's the former.

Thanks,

 - Ciaran.