[Sussex] test of new email address and a question!

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sun Jul 13 16:52:00 UTC 2003

Hi,

Just checking that the email's still working, Uni decided I wouldn't
need my account over the summer and shut it down... how considerate! :P

I'm using Evolution, and I've got it to run a simple script to generate
a signature, using echo statements (though this would be the simplest
thing before I try and tackle more!), but its not formatting properly.

What I've got is a script called sig that contains the following:

#!/bin/bash
echo "--"
echo "Matthew Macdonald-Wallace"
echo "www.truthisfreedom.org.uk"

on the command line, this gives me what I want:

--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
www.truthisfreedom.org.uk

but inside evolution it refuses to put the line breaks in!  I've tried
putting "\n" at the end of every line and that won't work either! anyone
got any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt