[Sussex] GTK+ and C++

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Mon Jul 21 12:15:01 UTC 2003

First up...

Do you want to learn about Gtk+ or Gtk2 - I would venture that the later is a
better place to go play, but there are (to my knowledge) no books and
frustraitingly little documentation for it.    The things you need to know:

1. Gtk is a C library with some object orientated features, if you are
planning to use C++ then go for GtkMM (Gtk--) if you can.

2. Your best bet is to start on the Gtk website (http://www.gtk.org IIRC) and
find the GtkMM tutorials.

.. OK, as for C++ - well, Bjarne's "The C++ Programming Language" is the
definitive work, but I'd stear clear of it until you have a grasp on the
language - I'd go for "C++ Programming and Problem Solving" if you've not
done any C++ before - find it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0763710636/ref=sr_aps_books_1_3/202-4304107-8071036

--
GJT