[Sussex] Moot

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Mon Jul 28 10:23:00 UTC 2003

Except that Skoda actually make a reasonable car these days... certainly more
intellectual kudos than a VW - which just says "I have no free will", at a
very fundemental level buying a VW is like buying WindowsXP, it's a defacto
choice for those who don't like to actually think about things much :-)

The nissan micra on the other hand is probably well engineered, economic and
even reasonably well handling (compared to a 2CV if you ignore the total lack
of feedback), but there's just a overall feel of crappiness about it that I
can't get over.

It's not that it is japanese, or a nissan, or even because it's not very cool
(I am less concerned than most with the concept fashion, as is detailed by my
taste in tee-shirts).  I think at the heart of the matter is that this car is
truly an appauling driving experience.  It's tiny, but the controls feel like
a Ford Transit.  The gear stick must be two feet long, the steering wheel is
out of a Scania, I'm sure of it! (Exageration..)

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com
--