[Sussex] game pad resource

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Tue Jul 29 10:10:01 UTC 2003

Geoff

On 29 July 2003 at 09:46 Geoff Teale wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 9:15 am, Steve Dobson wrote:
> > Thanks for the tip, but I haven't configured 3D acceleration so....
> >
> > Any more advice?
>
> What card do you have?

Readon Mobility LQ (or something like that - machines isn't close to
me at the moment.

Had a little play with the configuration of the 3D stuff a while back
but lost interest when I ran in the question of "What version of
Mesa/XF86/other stuff" do I need.  As 3D is only of parsing interest
it got put back on the TODO list.

I was looking for one of the simple 2D games that will support the
game pad.  I don't have much time between now and Thursday to install
games. I don't mind doing the odd "apt-get install" but that's about
it.

As far as I'm concerned, if I can plug Garth's game pad into my USB
bus, have it correctly recognised and "od -x" show stuff from the
device then it is worth's Garth's time configuring 2.6/2.6 Linux on
whatever machine he wants to connect the game pad to.