[Sussex] Would a p2p Kernel tree work ?

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sun Jun 1 19:00:01 UTC 2003

Okay first out allow me to CLEAR the next proposition will assume that
Connectivity and Security issues WOULD be addressed....

Im sitting here patching my Kernel tree, looking at Gentoo and BSD and
thinking ... how computers are great at doing things like repetive
analyis and digging for data when it occured to me that if only other
people online who had similar configurations as me could shaer their
kernels and modules. it would be usefull to be able to make
menuconfig-p2p and select modules/kernel compilation of the tree based
on succefully patched kernels which match my configuration. assuming
that p2p products like Bit Torrent and E-Donkey would effeciently
collect modules and patches and apply them as neccessary.

what do you think ,,, Cool or Fool ?

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

Q: Divide 14 sugar cubes into 3 cups of coffee so that each
cup has an odd number of sugar cubes.