[Sussex] wakey wakey

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Jun 4 14:56:00 UTC 2003

Dave

On 04 June 2003 at 14:48 David Chapman wrote:
> My problem for today is compiling Xine from source on SuSE 8.2
> Does anyone have a good resource (book or web) for compiling
> from source code.

There is normally a README and/or an INSTALL file that explains
the steps you need to do.  But normally you need to do the following:

   sh configure
   make
   su root
   make install

You might also want to look at mplayer.  I could get that to work to
play my DVDs were as I couldn't get Xine to.  The messages gave me
the clues I needed to change permissions on my devices.