[Sussex] Sky Channel 268 : Win2k Attacked Live and personal!

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 08:26:01 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nik Butler" <nik at wired4life.org>
To: "Sussex" <sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk>

Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 7:04 AM
Subject: [Sussex] Sky Channel 268 : Win2k Attacked Live and personal!

> Now... I know ive said it and I will keep opn saying it but Windows is
> just not ready for the commercial environment[1] <grin>

Again, you're overstating for effect :-)

To claim that, because IIS isn't ready for public-facing websites, it's not
ready for any commercial application is pushing things a bit.

However, I'd agree that IIS should _never_ be used in public-facing
situations... Indeed, if you look at the websites I've been responsible for
over the last few years, you'll spot a trend:

Regards,

Mark