[Sussex] Long live the banana republic!

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 10:22:02 UTC 2003

> With, lets call it Open-Economics, Capitalism becomes not overthrown
but
> irrelevant.  A new method (in fact its just an old one repackaged-its
just
> applied on a global stage) of economy is born or may be born, will it
be
> better than the last, who knows, only time will tell.  I believe
Open-Source
> has the potential for a far greater effect on society as a whole than
we
> think.  The only caveat is that those who have now are not just going
> stand around and lose what they have now without a fight.  M$ and
their ilk,
> still command a vast amount of fiscal clout behind them and the battle
will
> get bloody and dirty as they lose market ground.  If you think im
kidding,
> or being a doom monger, just look at Corel and their attempts to screw
IBM
> lately.

And M$'s attempts to force Netscape out of business.

Thinking of that I can see this getting very messy the only problem I
see is
what company is M$ going to try and take to court first. (most likely
redhat)

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.