[Sussex] Wireless network card

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Jun 26 12:22:00 UTC 2003

Dominic,

OpenOffice has always struck me as a little clunky - but people here use
it very happily.  To be fair I am a devout believer that office software
generally is a major drain on productivity and the over-reliance on
tools like Access, Excel and Outlook leads to massive administrative
overheads fro gains that could be achieved more simply.

For me OOo is the suit I use only when some idiot sends me a word
document, Excel file or Powerpoint file.  Currently I'm running the 1.1
Beta and I must say it handles all these things exceptionally well.

On another note..  now you have X running, if you want to show your
colleagues something really stupid, but fun, then make sure you have
xscreensaver installed, cd to /usr/lib/xscreensaver , and then do the
following:

./<screensaver name> -root

eg:

./xmatrix -root

.... how's that for an impressive backdrop :)

PS... not sure if I'll make it tonight or not.. I'm a little
overcommited at the moment.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com