[Sussex] Limited Time Available

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sat Mar 1 10:33:01 UTC 2003

Okay just a reminder but last week I set the challenge.

write a small algorithm to calculate the date of the last thursday in
any month. This to then return the value in the form.

dd Month

for use on the site.

Closes Sunday 6pm

Meanwhile Sharon ( my better half ) points out that its a saturday
morning and a number of Sluggers are actually reading science and maths
books looking for proofs and definitions...

meanwhile for the record. heres details about prime numbers and 1

http://primes.utm.edu/curios/page.php?short=1

Also for those interested I cannot recommend highly enough the book

title:Mathematics, the Birth of Numbers
author: Jan Gullberg
publisher: W W Norton
ISBN: 9-393-04002-x