[Sussex] Success

dominic.clay at btopenworld.com dominic.clay at btopenworld.com
Thu Mar 13 09:49:07 UTC 2003

When the Job climate is bad, people who are too choosy and do not give an imressive performance to those who are hiring, will not find work.  The ratio of jobs to people looking has undoubtedly changed for the worse.  That is not to say there isn't work out there, but you _do_ have to try harder than you perhaps did.  It is that which seperates those willing from trying harder from those who are not.

I would prefer to have people pleading with me to work for them instead of having to impress with my wit and flare(s?).  :)
I worked _damned_ hard to find work last month and it payed off.

I do agree that there are a lot of people who expect more that they are perhaps capable of giving in return (My only commercial experience of this is in the M$ world).  This is why I am working in the field that I am (VB, SQL, MS Collaboration developments) whilst trying to improve myself through good people such as yourself :p ...

Dominic