[Sussex] Improving on UNIX

Andrew Guard agua at coinford.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 10:00:02 UTC 2003

First I have to say this, I don't know and I can not find out as there some
working being done on the Internet connection today.  As for Satellite
decoder (SkyDigital) I thought there OS was developed by an British firm for
Sky.  As such Sky owns the OS them self's.

X-Box2 have new filing system has more to do with Microsoft plans of DRM
then anything else.  It would just make it lot harder to get around.  Also
Microsoft also wants CPU's to be adapted instruction set, so where one CPU
command might be on x86 00010 it would be 10010 and command that is 10010
would be 00010.  Those making harder to put something like Linux on there.

Microsoft had already done something like that with hard drives in XBox and
change command set but people just worked it all out in time.