[Sussex] Dell again

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 10:51:00 UTC 2003

Chaps,

OK.  Just to say that once we finally got the message through to Dell that I
wanted a Linux machine (which shouldn't have been that hard as the Linux
versions have !!!DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS!!!) they've been very swift.  The
machine was built and dispatched from the USA very qucikly and got to Eire
sometime on Saturday.  I've just spoken to Dell's delivery people and the
beast will be with me on Wednesday.

I noticed that Nik (who is obviously far less interested in my new computer
than I am (understandably)) referred to it as a laptop. Well, Nik, I know
the keyboard rest above my waist has been growing steadily for the last 5
years or so - but even I don't have a lap that big!  The Dell Precision 650
is 19.87" tall, 8.89" wide and 19.8" deep - combined with an 18" LCD Panel
it's going to be a little large to get out in the Kings Head !

I have been considering buying a cheap second hand laptop purely to actually
be able to demonstrate some stuff at LUG meets... but that will have to wait
until my bank manager recovers from the Dell.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"make music like mercy that gives what it is and has nothing to prove"
 - Ani DiFranco "Up Up Up Up Up Up"

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company