[Sussex] The Definitive Desktop Environment Comparison

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Tue Mar 18 22:56:00 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:00:59 -0000, Paul Turner wrote:
> Saw this on /.  thought someone might find it interesting:
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3064
>

> Paul.

I'll just say that Mac OS used to win these things hands down because
of the consistency of design that Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
used to result in. It was always found that Mac users used more
applications than their Windows counterparts because they found it
easier to pick up new ones because the menus were always in the same
place and the shortcuts always the same.

Unfortunately these days even Apple have taken to ignoring their own
guidelines, something I find very sad indeed.

I haven't yet found a unix interface that works for me, except Aqua and
the command line.

Just my 2ps worth,

Neil.
--