[Sussex] The deathly silence?

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sun Mar 23 22:25:00 UTC 2003

It's been very quiet indeed...

For my part this is because I have been experimenting with my new
machine.  For the most part I can say that the experience of running a
dual Xeon workstation with Gentoo 1.4 has been wholly enjoyable - when
you can be simultaionously compiling KDE3.1 and Mozilla at the same time
as working on some large image files in Gimp, having two document open
in OpenOffice.org and playing some MP3's and not even notice any lag in
response then you've got to be happy (especially as i never once had to
type the word `nice`).

My big bug-bear at the moment is that ATI Radeon support for GLX is
borked at the moment which frankly sucks, but as games are not really a
major part of my life I'm not that worried..

Python has again been my main focus for the last few days.  Increasingly
I am being drawn towards technologies because of the people around them.
  The Python community is a good example, the people involved with it
seem far less egocentric than C/C++ or Perl developers. I think this is
because of the nature of langauge - it is inherently simple - it puts
value in elegance and design rather than in outright cleverness.

--
GJT
tealeg at member.fsf.org
Free Software Foundation