[Sussex] Knoppix 3.2

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 20:15:00 UTC 2003

Lo slugs,

Got bored today, thought I'd download Knoppix and have a look to see
what everyone was raving on about.
First impressions, impressed. It had my wifi, sound and all the
essential things for my laptop up in a few mins, with no need to config
anything.
I know there are lots of things like this out there, ala Gentoo live
cd's, but considering the only other cd only distro I've tried was the
Gentoo UT2003 livecd, I rate it well.
Ok, slow at loading up programs 'cause its all ram disk based, but still
OOo in a 10 secs or so can't be too bad :). Methinks it'll be added to
my cd pouch to carry around so then when I get to college or mates I can
have a Linux distro with K, Evolution, Moz, OOo in a few mins. :)
Especially as I use OOo on a daily basis...
Any one else had a go? or recommend any others like it?

Oh did Nik have a hard day at the office today? ;-)
*ahem* http://trellisnet.co.uk/nikstress.jpg *ahem*

And the good news is... I will be coming to this weeks slug meet :-D

Tom