[Sussex] [SWRU] Microsoft is From Mars, Open Source is from V enus.

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Mar 31 12:01:04 UTC 2003

Mark

On 31 March 2003 at 11:26 Mark Harrison
> > 1). A romper suit is not a tee-shirt.
>
> I must protest at such rampant age discrimination. The
> romper-suit is the garment of choice for the under
> 12-months geek.

I completely accept that the romper suit is the garment of
choice for those that are age challenged I object strongly
to the accusation of discriminating against the young.  It
is possible to purchase tee shirts for the 12-months and
therefore Phillippa could have been wearing such a garment.

You're objection is overruled.

> > 2). Was Phillippa at the meeting or only at the place her parents
> >     were at?
>
> By phrasing the question that way - the choice of the word
> parent_s_, you have conceded that Mary was "at the meeting".

I have yet to see any evidence of the DNA link been Phillippa
and the two persons of doubtful character that were in her
presents.  In review I see that the statement could be mis-
interpreted.  I will therefore use the term "guardian(s)" in
future

> In accepting this, you have, surely, accepted the principle
> that one does not have to subscribe to the SLUG list in order
> to be at the meeting...

I do indeed accept that subscription to the SLUG list is not a
prerequisite to attending a meeting.

> I cannot see what other meaningful distinction could be drawn
> to suggest that Pip was not "at the meeting".

Lurking, while tolerated, is not acceptable meeting behaviour.  I
expect better from Phillippa in the future.  Throwing up over Mark
or Nik when they are in full flow would be seen as acceptable comment
by this judge.

> > 3). I didn't see it - as judge I can only rule on what I saw.
>
> I call as the first witness for the defence - Geoff Teale.

Oh my God!  Is the film "Being Steve Dobson" in the making?  Can
Geoff enter my head via a short floor in the Hogg Robinson building?