[Sussex] html and stuff

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Wed May 7 16:53:01 UTC 2003

John,

I speak as probably the most Pro-Microsoft person on the list, but even I will say "don't use FrontPage"...

HTML is a great thing, in that it's simple to get started with, and you don't need _any_ sophisticated tools.

Personally, I write most of my static websites in notepad...

I would use, as a starting resource, http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/ - w3c, the World Wide Web Consortium is _the_ definitive reference for HTML (they "own" the specification), and cater well for everyone from a beginner writing their first website, to a protocol designer seeking to influence the next generation of HTML....

Regards,

Mark