[Sussex] PYTHON and GOOEYS

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Tue May 27 13:36:00 UTC 2003

Angelo,

You wrote:
----------
> Thanks for the info.  Does anyone have any other hot links for Python, > as
> Xandros-Linux (I dont have Gnome installed) uses GTK / KDE it would be > nice
> to develop on those lines, or does "wxPython" work on GTK?

wxPython on Linux is actually based on Gtk.. but that's beside the point.  BTW, I think you mean Qt/KDE as Gtk is what underlies Gnome.

Any of these toolsets can be used with Python.  You just need the right libs.  PyQt (or even pyKDE) is your friend if you want to get that KDE look and feel.

Qt3 is a very nice toolset to use but carries a licensing cost if you are developing for commercial purposes.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com