[Sussex] some webstats

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri May 30 15:31:00 UTC 2003

> > Just though I would let you have some interesting stats of the
> > LUG website. Surprising how many are still windows.
> >
> > Hits on the following systems are as follows
> >
> > Linux = 485
> > Windows 95 = 3
> > Windows 98 = 444
> > Windows NT = 50
> > Windows 2000 = 1115
> > Windows xp = 339
> > Macintosh = 8
> > Unix = 10
> > Robots + Web services = 318
> > Other = 98
> >
> > Ps. I have seen what the 98 Others are and its about
> > half and half (nix/win)
> >

> You should remember that lot of Windows users could be other systems
as they
> are spoofing as other systems to make web site work correctly.

hmm maybe, I prefer to think of it as people that are either
stuck with windows at work or windows uses finding out info
before becoming Linux users and therefore we are creating
Linux users.

:) "always look on the bright side of life" - life of brian

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.