[Sussex] anyone got any ideas how to use up an old laptop screenand kb?

Gareth Ablett garethablett at phpw.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 21:41:37 UTC 2003

Hello Tony,

> I have a Tosh 4300 with an unservicable motherboard.
>
> I am wondering if it might be possible to use the display and keyboard in
> conjunction with a mini-itx motherboard (http://www.mini-itx.com).  The
> Tosh display has lots more that 15 wires in the connector and the keyboard
> lots more than 6 wires.
>
> What are my chances of being able to connect the display and keyboard to a
> standard set of PC connectors?

I have relativly low experaiance on do such a thing but I know what is
required.

LCD screens need a device board in most laptops this is part of the
mothoboard, you can get boards that will do the same job seperatly but they
will set ya back about £70 or so.

The keyboard is pretty much the same but the price of getting the board is a
lot less, possible you could canibalise some old desktop keyboard.

Good Luck

Gareth Ablett.