[Sussex] Cool gentOOo!

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Nov 7 10:27:50 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 10:21, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Hi fellas
>
> emerged OOo --- finally! after 24-30 hours on a 56k line.

56K Dial up? What's that? :P

You're a braver man than I am Gunga Din... :D

> But.  It does not appear in the KDE menus.  Do I have to set this up
> manually? or is there a 'generate-menu' type of command I can run?

Use Icewm instead, it's faster and takes up less space! :D

On a serious note, when I emerged KDE, most of the packages that were on
my machine showed up in the menus, and a lot of the e-builds put
"shortcuts" into the relevent files/dirs.

My best bet would be

su -c updatedb && locate kde | less

This will compile the file index for your machine and then look for all
files named kde.  If you paginate through the screens using less, there
might be a folder called $ANYDIR/kde/menu or something similar.

It's an idea, anyways! :D

Matt

--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace         |