[Sussex] Printing in CUPS + USB in gentoo

Angelo Servini angelo at servini.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 00:55:05 UTC 2003

Hi

I wonder if any of you gentoo users would help.  I have got as far as
modifying my   '/etc/make.conf'  and inserting    USE="cups usb"

Looking at the KDE Control Module for  the Linux Kernel   USB Printer Support
is not enabled.  Now I understand that I have to enable this as root - then
do a genkernel?  is that right?

Could you tell me what to do next and what to avoid?  so that I have a
bootable kernel in the right place and LILO pointing to the right place?

Thanks mates, as I am a bit lost at present.  The gentoo docs seem to be a
 bit woolly about this process.  Looking at the docs they point to I have got
 a bit swamped by the technical detail.  So i'd appreciate a bit of guidance.

The docs indicate recompiling the kernel and modules. But am not too sure how
to do this.

Ta

:-)

--