[Sussex] Printing in CUPS + USB in gentoo

Alan J Fitton alan at loonix.net
Sun Nov 9 10:47:46 UTC 2003

> Could you tell me what to do next and what to avoid?  so that I have a
> bootable kernel in the right place and LILO pointing to the right place?

Make sure you have the 'printer' module loaded (modprobe printer), and the
module for your USB interface, possibly 'uhci' or 'usb-ohci'. It's a safe
bet the default Gentoo kernel provides these modules.

After these are loaded (and maybe a restart of cupsd), you should be able
to add the printer via the web admin interface at http://localhost:631

Hope this helps,
Alan