[Sussex] Worth a read

nik at wired4life.org nik at wired4life.org
Mon Nov 10 19:44:05 UTC 2003

> know what one was... Nik believes that the majority will.
thats NOT what I said at all, but its extrapolation of details like this
that enable a debate to be derailed into areas that dont deal with the
issue raised.

lets recap. You stated .

f changing 8 spark plugs and the bush on the otter switch on my
car... however, I am willing to bet that 80% of SLUG members have no
idea what a otter switch is.

Now , when you say 80% , 80 % of what total ?

where as I said.

im wiling to say youd lose that on account that of 3 Slug members whom I
know read this list 3 are very capable of mechanical tasks and
engineering. so im my statistical survey 100% of slug members i know,
know  how their car work. and if I include you its still 100%. So how

Now I know ive had to do a little education about basic arithmetic and
numerical literacy. so lets recap.

my statement said that I knew 3 people. not the whole list. and of those three people ( members of the
list ) I knew they knew what it was. so 3 out of 3 is 100%.

I did not say i knew everyone on the list or that I had met them or
asked them but I did the following.

Extrapolate from those on the the list whom I knew would know the answer
and suggest that they are in the majority. and your response was to read
this as the majority.

this is what we call spin.

now the original point , getting back to the topic , was how we need to
improve the quality and detail of education which is applied to Computer
literacy and understanding.

and in order to improve this we need to make sure people are being given
to skills to debate, understand and reason the issues in front of them.

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

apt-get install zoe-ball
 To many unmet dependancies.