[Sussex] MS Exchange replacements?

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 15:47:22 UTC 2003

> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 15:11, Tony Austin wrote:
> > > Tony,
> > >
> > > That's what I'd feared. Thanks for confirming.
> > >
> > > I don't object to web-based calendars, BTW, it's just that some
clients
> > > are
> > > keen to hang onto Outlook, which at the moment means ($$$) MAPI
:-(

> > Some of my users insist on using OL and OL Exp, both will work as
IMAP
> > clients.
>
> FWIW, I use Evolution by Ximian (http://www.ximian.com/) and it's
almost
> identical to outlook in the way it looks and feels.  The main reason I
> use it is to show that Linux isn't that different from Windows (at
least
> from a visuals point), thereby encouraging others to use it because it
> looks like what they're used to.

Tbh I think that Ximian evolution is probably the best email client I've
come across and way better and easier to use then the likes of O and
defiantly OE.

> Ximian also do a ximian-connector, enabling Evolution to connect to M$
> Exchange Servers, but this is not open source AFAIK.

Ximian-Connector is defiantly not open source and is defiantly not free
either but will do the job if you want to pay.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.