[Sussex] DNS not resolving in Mozilla

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Mon Nov 17 20:23:14 UTC 2003

> OK, I nano'd my /etc/resolv.conf, Nautilus boots up really quickly, as
> does ping, but MozillaFirebird seems to take a while.
>
> Any ideas why this might be? I'm gussing the it's probably program
> specific...

Does Mozilla start quicker if you have the homepage set to blank?

You may find that one of the name servers is not responding, and Mozilla
has found it in the resolv.conf

It could be that Nautilus uses a better algorithm to do DNS resolution
than waiting for the resolver to timeout before trying the next server.

--
John